We foster Jewish heritage by implementing new ways of improving people’s lives and the world. In our endeavour to act in accordance with “Tikkun Olam” – repairing the world – we strive to establish strong and positive relationships between Jewish people and other nations by connecting them in joint efforts to solve vital problems. Tikkunology makes technology and science as a human allies, combining them with philanthropy. We use cutting edge solutions, the CSR, innovations, mentoring of top-class experts, the startup-entrepreneurship ecosystem and business leadership to solve challenging social issues. Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, Biotech, Big Data, Blockchain, Neuroscience or new forms of collaboration are our tools to make the world a better place.
We make Tikkun Olam*
We’re Tikkunology Foundation!
”תיקון עולם, lit. 'repair of the world'
We use cutting edge technologies, innovations, startup ecosystem and business to solve challenging social issues and ecology threats in a new efficient way.
What we do?
We’re the first Tech NGOs accelerator in Europe
What is Tech NGO? It's an organization creating technology to scale social impact, not profit.
We merge worlds of tech startups and non-profit organisations aiming to create and scale innovative solutions. We identify a challenging problem that needs to be addressed, then we blend science, business and kindness to bring exceptional projects to life. We achieve it by using know-how from technological startups and experience gathered by people working in NGOs.
Tikkunology creates a unique ecosystem for non-profit tech initiatives with all what’s needed to thrive on top-class mentoring, liked-minded community and funds called Technological Irbutz Accelerator. We help to develop sustainable non-profit business models and connect people who share common objectives of enhancing society. Our goals and methods allow fruitfully cooperating with business in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and innovations for a better impact.
Next level of philanthropy
The powerful mixture
We translate scaling for non-profit organisations, releasing their full potential. Scaling is the ability of a company to expand its customer base or profits without a significant rise in operating costs. It’s one of the most important words in startups’ dictionary, and it is the essence of digital technology.
Israel is well known as a land of innovation, where multiple entrepreneurs succeed and many innovative technologies were born. We’re going further, taking all that’s best from startups model and bridge it with NGOs and philanthropy to reach a vast audience. The world’s most significant social problems, from healthcare or education to human rights, deserve the most reliable technological solutions.
Can you give me an example?
Tikkun Olam reinvented!
Check out our PROJECTS
Dear visitor, don't hestitate to ask about our projects. Some of them're prepared especially for international cooperation. We'd love to see you on the board!Click to discover our projects
Blog about technology and society
Our Recent Writings
Age of information disorder
Do you have any questions? If you don’t,
please take a look on our website once again!
Yes! To fully understand how tech NGOs can operate, let’s dive into two examples, initiatives which are scalable, tech and non-profit. Sharing meals is a well-known method of helping people, but can we make it scalable by technology? Imagine a technological platform enabling food businesses to become a donor in one click and redistribute surplus food to people experiencing food insecurity, instead of wasting it. Food donors using the app can choose their donation plan based on how frequently their business wants to donate. All they need to do is to create an account and request a pickup. Then the food rescue team will come to collect meals and drop them where needed. Non-profit organisations and communities in need can sign up to receive safe, reliable food and thanks to app we can measure the social impact and easily spread the program on the Internet. Food donors are additionally rewarded by popularity grow and great image in social media. Check out our projects page to know more.
Tikkunology gathers outstanding experts, leaders, scientists and partners from multiple countries like USA, Israel, Poland – Weizmann Institute, Tel-Aviv University, MIT, Stanford, NASA, Singularity University, and many other prestigious science centres and non-profit organisations. We cooperate with top technological companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, CISCO, Dell and many others. We receive support from software agencies, providing us with the most talented coders, who build Tikkunology tech-community with us.
Interested? Involve! Contact us to get more information about Irbutz and possibilities of cooperation with our community! Tikkunology prepared a detailed program for donors and all people who are ready to support this vital project or participate. You’ll be able to track your social and environmental impact through your personalized dashboard and pdf reports and try out our blockchain funding platform for the best transparency and real-life money flow.
- combine Polish and Israeli change-makers, developers, creatives and experts to work on mutual social and ecological problems
- unite various Jewish organisations in making a positive social and cultural impact for the other nations, in partnership with local NGOs, non-profit and research centres
- rebuild relations between Jews and Polish people above politics and differences, but on a solid ground of cooperation, technology and problem solving
- continue a vast Jewish philanthropic tradition in a modernised, effective form
- use the benefits of Israeli cutting edge technologies, science and Jewish peoplehood to help other nations through cooperating with local charities and NGOs; create and accelerate the best ideas
- change the image of Jews and fight with stereotypes where Jews are closed communities focused only on themselves
- rise awareness of shared history, culture and understanding by working together
- promoting the Tikkun Olam approach and raising awareness of individual responsibility for the future of the world and other nations
- sustain and develop Jewish peoplehood
- applying the the UN SDGs
- support democracy, media literacy, ecology threats
- promote cultural Jewish activities and art
If you love Jewish heritage and wisdom at its finest and understand the importance of Tikkun Olam mission reinvented for new generations, we are the perfect match for you! We give reliable and powerful prospective tools sourced from technology and science that are used to solve the real problems unsolving earlier in history. We want to establish strong and positive relationships between Jews and other nations by bringing the light of knowledge and innovation in solving human problems. Stereotypes, hate or antisemitism can be beaten at best by changing the associations that people carry in their minds. It can be achieved only by giving them a different experience. Now you can use this opportunity!
- supporting Jewish heritage and Israel, changing the image of Jewish communities, as well as making charity for those who need help the most thanks to Irbutz project
- develop a new dimension of philanthropy where resources are used in the most efficient way, based on science and technology approach (Tech NGOs)
- fight with antisemitism, hate and stereotypes
- transfer Israeli technology and science to other countries (notably to Poland), showing their benefits and market potential upon making some good for other people;
- there’s no better way to create strong bonds than joining young people from Israel and Poland to solve vital, mutual human problems; Tikkunology cares to give them a strong historical and cultural background as well as support from the best experts, local NGOs and tech business; a non commercial aspect opens people heart and let them contribute to the case; volunteers are rewarded for their work through free access to Jewish and Polish cultural infrastructure, scholarships and mentoring, access to superior technology and prestigious workshops in Israel.
- we provide you with measurable social and environmental impact data with full money transparency and cash flow
”If we want to solve vital social and environmental problems we must use the best advantage that we have - technology, science and the human ability of cooperation. We have a great opportunity to utilise technology not only for profit but also to make a social impact and scale.Jakov SchimmelpfennigCEO of Tikkunology foundation